Many of you know or not but Skype puts all the user information including your chat history, user contact information , whom you called how long you did basically everything about Skype in a folder without any encryption. Which means any user who finds the file can retrieve all the information with little knowledge in database. User not only can retrieve all the message history, but also the message which are removed also.
Who can Do?
Basically anyone who has an access to the computer(no need of admin or root user) can steal the data.
To retrieve the data is very easy, just go to User folder and copy main.db file
Windows : C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Skype\skype.id
getting main.db file from user computer means 98% of job is done. now all you need is sqlite tool to view the data. sqllite tool is very easy to find in internet. normally i use https://sqlitestudio.pl/ tool which has GUI and easier to view the data. Just click the tables you like to see data (like profile, contacts, messages etc) and do whatever you want.
How to Protect yourself?
Bear in mind, logging out from Skype doesnt mean your Skype information is deleted from the system.This is big issue and should be fixed from Skype as soon as possible. Till its not fixed via Skype below steps can be done to protect your data.
- Don’t allow untrusted person to access your computer
- Don’t login Skype in public computers or untrusted computer, even if you need to make sure you delete the Skype as soon as your job is done.
Installing Jasperserver pro with Oracle in Evaluation period is bit tricky, because bundle we download from server can only installer with Postgres SQL.
Below steps explain how to install platform independent Jasperserver pro in your system with Oracle repository.
- Download the Jaspersoft pro evaluation from here (Lets say we downloaded windows version)
- Install jaspersoft pro in windows machine, by default it will install with Postgres SQL
- Once it’s installed with Postgres SQL, now it’s time to rebuild the war file and pointing it to oracle.
Note:- we tried to reconfigure just configuration files as in other website told but it doesn’t work 100%, you will get some error like invalid characters and some more errors. So please follow below steps for 100% success.
- First lets tweak and fix the path before building ant.
- Copy the folder %JASEPER_HOME%\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro into %JASPER_HOME%\buildomatic\install_resources\war\jasperserver-pro (create the folder war if it doesn’t exists)
- Delete the folder %JASER_HOME%\buildomatic\build_conf
- Copy and rename the file inside %JASPER_HOME%\buildomatic\sample_conf\oracle_master.properties into %JASPER_HOME%\buildomatic\ and rename the file into default_master.properties
- edit the file default_master.properties file tomcat version, location of tomcat(different location than that is in %JASPER_HOME%), connection parameter of oracle, system username and password and jasperserver schema name and password you want to create like as in the attached file default_master.properties
- Once you followed everything as per above, its time to build the oracle database repository and war file for oracle.
- After following all above steps without any error. its time to install the jasperserver license.
- Copy %JASPER_HOME%\jasperserver.license to home directory
||/home/<user>/ or ~/
||/export/home/<user> or ~/
|or if you want to put in user defined location then please follow the link
- Now run the Tomcat (not the %JASPER_HOME%\tomcat) and everything should be fine
Migrating Jasperserver and oracle repository.
- Take a backup and restore oracle schema JASPERSERVER, FOODMART and SUGARCRM(if exists) into destination oracle server.
- Copy Jasperserver-pro webapps folder to Application server.
- edit the file located in jasperserver-pro webapps folder %TOMCAT%\webapps\jasperserver-pro\META-INF\context.xml file and configure Oracle url, schema name and password for jdbc/jasperserver, jdbc/sugarcrm, jdbc/foodmart
- Copy the file jasperserver.license and copy to user home directory as said in above
- Start the Tomcat and finished 🙂
If Evaluation period is expired
if evaluation period is expired then install the initially downloaded from jasperserver website with postgres sql in any test machine, which will generate the jasperserver.license and copy that file into existing jasperserver machine.