There is Three ways to Enable/disable USB port in windows
- Right click on MY COMPUTER,
- then select MANAGE option. a new window will appear, in that
- select SYSTEM TOOLS, in that
- click on DEVICE MANAGER, on the right side of the window pane.
- select the USB port, right click and diable/enable the port
- disable through Bios
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate, and then click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UsbStor
- In the right pane, double-click Start.
- In the Value data box, type 4 (4 to disable, 3 to Enable) , and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
if your computer is infected by the virus which disables you taskmanager??
then here is the step to enable the task manager.
1. to go t run command and type ‘gpedit.msc’
2. go to local computer policy
3. then user configuration
4. then system, then Ctrl+Altr+Del options
5. click the ‘remove task manager’
and set it disable.
now you can see the task manager enabled.
if you like the post please type something,
Before using a unknown Pen drive or suspected pendrive. just press SHIFT key before inserting on usb till all hardware configure is successfully installed or just try to off the Autoplay USB, CD-DVD drive. . and dont open that pen drive by double clicking it. always use folder explorer to access the drive, directories